Thursday, September 15, 2011

Process Journal #3

In an era that tells us to keep rushing - from the time we are children - to reach the next milestone of life, it's hard to keep our priorities straight. Mix in an overload of media, internet, competition, and pop culture, and it becomes almost impossible to hear yourself think. 

At this point of my life, I feel that it makes most sense to prioritize ourselves in this order:

Priority #1: God



Deuteronomy 5:7 - "You shall have no other gods before me."

Placing God as number one is more than just words. I believe that maintaining this number one priority and always make God first in my life, I will go a long way to keeping all other things in order. 


Priority #2: Family 





Family brings out the best and worst in each of us. Through family we find ourselves as we give and receive support. Who can relate better to us then our own brother or sister that shared so many experiences with us? Who can love us more selflessly then our own mother or father who sacrificed daily for so many years to raise us? I love my family!


Priority #3: Studies 


I've always thought to myself, why is study important? Along the way, I figured out that learning is a foundation for my life. I need knowledge to get and keep a job, so that I can earn a living.


Priority #4: My boyfriend


Honestly speaking, I practically ruined my academic life over boys. Many people would NOT advise me to get a boyfriend at this age because it's not practical or it's a big distraction but in my opinion, it's all about priority. Ever since entering City college, I put everything that is more important (like God, my family, studies) before my relationship and everything seems to be working out fine. Most importantly, over the past one year, it has been nice to know that someone loves and cares about you. He's my best friend and he understands me. 


Priority #5: Friends!
















Friends are always there for us, to laugh with us in the happy times and to provide us with a shoulder, when we feel like crying. They serve as one of the biggest supports in our life. They accept us, as we are. After family, friends are the one who care for you. They bring a smile on your face when you are sad. They love you and care for you and always make you feel special : ) 


No comments:

Post a Comment