Monday, September 5, 2011

Process Journal #1

Topic of interest: How to become a Lawyer?

Why am i interested in that topic? What inspired you or motivated you?

I really desire to do well and make my parents proud. My dream was to open a cafe when i grow up but at the same time, I want to be a lawyer because a lawyer earns a lot of money and I can kind of imagine myself pacing around the court room. 

Most importantly, i have a strong belief of right and wrong. I've always tried my best to resolve matters in the most efficient, diplomatic way possible. I have experience doing this among friends and mostly my younger siblings (they fight all the time).

What do you think is the difference between learning and doing? How do you know?

Learning is gaining or acquiring knowledge or skill in (something) by study, experience, or being taught. Learning is also often defined as a change in behavior which is demonstrated by people implementing knowledge, skills, or practices derived from education while doing is the activities in which a particular person engages. Doing is also the series of actions/steps taken in order to achieve your ultimate goal. For example, if i want to get fantastic results for my examinations, i first have to start working hard and putting in extra effort. By that, it is "doing" and at the same time, while revising, i will learn new things and eventually, get the ideal results i want.


Which AOI would you be interested in? Why? 


AOI 1 - Approaches to learning (learning how to learn). This is because i learn best through research and thinking. I want to learn about how to become a lawyer because that's what i hope to become when i grow older. 

No comments:

Post a Comment