Monday, June 18, 2012

Process Journal #11

One important question i have to research on is - How to use the Garageband?

After much research, I found out that there are five steps to recording a track in Garageband.


1) I have to purchase a interface for recording the acoustic guitar/piano and my vocals.

also, I would need a 

- condenser microphone 
- guitar/piano wires (to connect to the interface)


2) Open Garageband, choose, "Start a New Project" or "Open Existing Project." For the keyboard, I will have to choose "Software Instrument" and for the microphone and guitar, i'll have to choose "Real Instrument"


3) In the bottom right-hand corner of the Garageband window, there is a input source and a recording level volume slider. Set the levels for the instrument i'm recording, it should be at the halfway point.


4) Use loops - Loops are the easiest way to create a professional-sounding song without much work. I have to drag a loop from the menu onto the main part to create a new track. I can then add more oops of the same instrument to this track. To make a new track, repeat. 1 track = 1 instrument.


5) Hit the record button and dive in. If it's not perfect, I can hit delete and try again.

-

sources:

 http://www.ehow.com/how_2023800_use-garageband.html
http://www.wikihow.com/Compose-Music-Using-GarageBand

No comments:

Post a Comment